Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Leaving the Oven Door Open in Minnesota

Brings back memories of childhood:

"Oven suspected in Minneapolis fire that killed three children" Associated Press  October 05, 2015

MINNEAPOLIS — An oven used for heating may have caused a house fire in north Minneapolis that killed three young children, fire officials said Sunday.

The home’s owner, Dung Tu, said the family, a mother and three children, had just moved into the rental and the natural gas heat had not been turned on. The temperature at the time of the fire was about 49 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.

The fire chief said the 100-year-old home was last inspected in January and was outfitted with working smoke detectors....


I've already turned on my heat (furnaced fired up on Oct. 1st; was awake when it went off that morning) in what is shaping up to be another rough winter.