Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Going to Wendy's on Wednesday

The weather is keeping me in today.

"Joshua James, 24, was arrested Monday and charged with assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill after Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation officials say he threw a 3.5-foot alligator through a Palm Beach County Wendy’s drive-thru window in October. James’ mother, Linda James, told WPTV that her son’s actions were a ‘‘stupid prank.’’ ‘‘He does stuff like this because he thinks it’s funny,’’ she said."

Related: Passing on This Meal 

I'd skip the Wendy's, but it's one of the few times I get meat.

Also see:

"Bill Marler, the Seattle food-safety attorney representing the three plaintiffs, has said he is working with Chipotle to settle these cases and others out of court. Chipotle spokesman Chris Arnold has also indicated the restaurant wants “to take care of customers who have been impacted by incidents like this.”

Chipotle sales are down nearly a third, and I predict that within a year they will be bankrupt and shuddered.

And that reminds me: I'm hungry and it is lunchtime here.