Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Waiting on the Worcester Express

You can't even get a good fascism, AmeriKa!

"Worcester express trip seemed to take forever; On rails, 4 hours of frustration" by Eric Moskowitz, Globe Staff / March 2, 2011

Some passengers thought that the 5 p.m. express train to Worcester Monday was doomed from the start.

It seemed to move sluggishly out of Boston, and conductors were slow to collect fares, two bad signs. Many of the 1,200 passengers were wary, because they had sat on an inbound train that very morning that was delayed nearly two hours.

But that did not prepare them for what came next: Train P523 ground to a halt between Newtonville and West Newton, where it sat idle for more than 90 minutes. Riders were not allowed to disembark, because the train was too far from a station. When they finally got a tow to Worcester, a trip scheduled for 80 minutes had taken 244.

“I was going bananas,’’ said Kathleen Jones, a new mother who was trying to get home to her 5-month-old son. “How can they get away with this?’’  

An apathetic population that accepts whatever s*** comes their way, that's how.

Commuter rail executives apologized to riders yesterday, acknowledging the delay was caused by the company’s decision to reuse a locomotive that had failed earlier that day....  

I'm sorry, but that apologies just aren't cutting it anymore.

--more--"  

There is that old line that at least Mussolini kept the trains running on time. You don't even get that, Amerikan.

Normally I would list a bunch of Boston Globe articles I can not or could not get to as you wait on the train, but why should I when most of them are s***?  

Besides, the Globe will soon put up a wall and that certainly has not motivated me to read the slop.  I mark all the stories I plan to read and then I place the pristine, unread Globe in a pile on the table. 
 

I'm sorry, dear readers, that I am not more diligent; however, the last thing I find myself wanting to do after a day toiling away at work is cracking open a Boston Globe and getting a full face flush of agenda-pushing, war-promoting, supremacist garbage.