Friday, August 28, 2009

Filling Ted Kennedy's Senate Seat

I know the MSM and papers are full of the funeral stuff. If you feel I'm not properly honoring the man, then I apologize, but... I'm moving on anyway.

"The Democratic-controlled Legislature in Massachusetts in 2004 changed state law to require special elections and prevent then-Governor Mitt Romney, a Republican, from naming a replacement had Senator John F. Kerry won the presidency. Just days before his death, Kennedy asked state lawmakers to revert to the old system so Governor Deval Patrick, a Democrat, could name a successor....

--more--"

You know, all the talk about liberal tolerance and fairness and everything else all kind of goes out the window, doesn't it?

This is so naked in its back-stabbing partisanship. And HERE is a THOUGHT: Why didn't they CHANGE IT BACK after KERRY LOST? Just FORGOT ABOUT IT, huh? That's the way they DO SO MANY THINGS around here.

I'm not even swearing anymore because I'm just hurt. Hurt by the state government, hurt by New England's largest paper, hurt by politics, hurt by it all.

The most hurtful thing, truthfully, is being surrounded by a bunch of hypocritical Democrats who are such tools of the same forces they allegedly rail against. They are such frauds.

Related: The Perils of One-Party Politics: The Problem

The Perils of One-Party Politics: Massachusetts' Democracy

The Perils of One-Party Politics: The Ruling Party

Massachusetts Democrats Keep Making the Same Mistakes

Why Massachusetts Needs Republicans

I'll even let the Globe have their say today
:

"Legislature must act quickly on interim Senate appointment

.... Some state lawmakers fear they will look like hypocrites if they change the law to allow for such an appointment. In fact, they will. The shift in 2004 was indeed a naked effort to block former governor Romney from appointing a fellow Republican if Senator John Kerry were to win the presidency. Kennedy himself played a behind-the-scenes role in the political sleight of hand.

Readers, really, what is there to say? They are HONORING this guy?

Also see: Kennedys Still Rule the Commonwealth

A Globe editorial in March 2004 took Romney’s side and urged the legislative leadership “to scuttle this undeniably partisan bill.’’

Why do I not believe the Globe? I'll take there word for it here because I'm not interested. Wish they would put up a link like I would, but if I turned over every rock I'd be here 24/7.

The bill passed, and its dispiriting effects are now in full force.

Well, WHO is to BLAME for that, huh?

But sticking with a bad position for the sake of consistency or to save face would hardly serve the residents of Massachusetts....

Like that's what they are doing now!

--more--"

Why did I stay here and make this my home?

I guess it falls in with every other wrong decision I've ever made.

Why do you think I'm here and in the situation I am?

Want to honor someone, MSM?

See:
Today's U.S. War Dead

Yeah, just a name (or not) and a few sentences.

:-(