Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Final Front Page of My Last Sunday Globe

And my last purchase of any paper after today. Paying to be insulted isn't going down to well, but I now understand why they do it. I'll post that above my opener today.

That is not to say I'll stop posting here or visiting the Globe's website. I reserved this blog for the 'kitsch' of where I am for you, world. I wanted you to know what we are fed for news around here, and as you can see New England's largest newspaper is really, really lacking these last few weeks. I've got my theories among many, and I've put 'em out there many times.


But what I will say is (based on past experience with the New York Times) is when I stop purchasing a paper copy of a newspaper, I am much more likely to decrease the amount of articles posted and time spent at their site -- eventually avoiding them completely.

But hang with me, followers. I'm sketching ideas on that pad I will no longer need with what is left of my final batch of pens.

Okay, today's front-page and turn-in bonanzas!


"Ortiz denies that he ever used steroids; 'Careless' with legal supplements; Apologizes to fans for distraction" by Amalie Benjamin, Globe Staff | August 9, 2009

NEW YORK - Sitting in a stark interview room deep inside Yankee Stadium, Red Sox slugger David Ortiz yesterday insisted he had not used steroids and he began what amounted to an attempt to rebuild his reputation....

and LOOK at all the PRINT devoted to this VERY SERIOUS MATTER!!!!

--more--"

Related: Case puts light on gray area of doping

Maybe you guys should do a little self-reflection there, MSM.

Your pages are as atrocious as I've ever seen
.

"Red Sox fans remain loyal to Big Papi; As Ortiz denies steroid use, they say let’s move on" by Nandini Jayakrishna, Globe Correspondent | August 9, 2009

Amid clinking glasses.... as they sipped their beers....

Yeah, who are they to criticize anyway?!

--more--"

But look at what happened outside.

"After.... 60 people, many of them alcohol-infused, pushed, shoved, and whaled on one another at the periphery....

I'm a strict prohibitionist, so.... I mean, if it's okay for pot, booze should be prohibited, too, right?

Of course, I'm willing to SEE IT the OTHER WAY, IF.... Oh, I SEE!!! Yeah.

When was the last time you heard about a POT-INDUCED BRAWL, ladies and gentlemen?

They might want to guard against a monster-truck-driving, codfish-swinging, club-wielding jouster enjoying a 21st-century version of this hoary New England tradition.

--more--"

Ah, that GOOD OLD, CAN'T GET TH'RE from H'RE, New England hospitality!