Thursday, December 24, 2020

I Won't Be Home For Christmas

(to be sung to this melody)

I won't be home for Christmas
You can't plan on me
Coffee's low and no Globe in tow
thus no presents on the screen
Christmas Eve won't find me
blogging furiously
I won't be home for Christmas
because the Globe is so obscene

Related:


The 21st-century AmeriKan version (to be sung to Burl Ives' "A Holly Jolly Christmas"):

Have a holly jolly Christmas
It's the best time of the year
I don't know if you've been told
Recovery's coming here

Have a holly jolly Christmas
And down on old Wall Street
Paychecks grow bonuses flow
to everyone with greed

Oh, oh, the CEO and his obscene pay
Rudolph don't you guide that sleigh until you get a raise

Have a holly jolly Christmas
And in case you didn't hear,
Corporate pay and profits will be rising next year!

I now take a brief moment to wish all of humanity a happy holiday season in an attempt to counteract and dispel the mesmerizing evil the world is under today and also to pray to Almighty God to lift the veil.