Saturday, April 4, 2015

A Moment to Remember Martin Luther King Jr.

"In 1968, civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr., 39, was shot and killed while standing on a balcony of the Lorraine Motel in Memphis."

I often forget how young he was when cut down.

"As I have walked among the desperate, rejected, and angry young men.... They asked if our own nation wasn't using massive doses of violence to solve its problems, to bring about the changes it wanted. Their questions hit home, and I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today: my own government." 

That's why they killed him.

I would just like to state, for the record, that despite my excoriations against Israel the above statement is undeniably true. The United States government is exponentially worse than Israel when it comes to delivering violence in this world. You can not name an area of the planet where they are not causing misery and suffering (except maybe Antarctica).

There will be no Slow Saturday Specials today, readers. I have a couple of items to post and then I'm off until tomorrow.