Monday, March 2, 2009

I Won't Buy a Boston Globe Today

And I have not visited the website yet. I may not. I've got 10 inches of snow outside and a belly full of anger at the agenda-pushing liars. I still need to go out later (unbelievably) to get tape for my ankles for tonight's game. Tomorrow night the basketball semi-finals start, and I will need to take care of a few errands before then so the Monitor may be down for a while. Truthfully, I'm glad because I'm worn out by the propaganda. Reading newspapers has gone from a joy to a chore and punishment, and does nothing for me anymore (or you, the reader, who must digest the profane bile and vulgarities).

Update
:

I have not bought one, but I did look on-line. What I found there once again sent my anger into orbit. Let me leave you with two little pieces and see if that will jog your anger.

Remember these:

The State Budget Swindle
Ready, reader?

"Patrick pays house call to talk up gas tax; Woman rethinks proposal after Springfield visit" by John C. Drake, Globe Staff | March 2, 2009

SPRINGFIELD - To gather support for his proposed 19-cent gas tax hike, Governor Deval Patrick launched a statewide campaign yesterday in the home of a woman who had called the idea "unconscionable."

Sitting in front of a fireplace in Teresita Alicea's home, Patrick blamed the need for the gas tax hike on a failure by previous administrations to address a looming transportation funding crisis.

Whadda finger-pointing piece of shit this little weasel is.

"Our grandparents sacrificed with less income to build this infrastructure," Patrick said. "We're asking for the equivalent of a large cup of coffee a week to maintain it for the next generation. I don't think that's unreasonable."

I DO when you are GIVING A BILLION DOLLARS to BIOTECH and the LEGISLATURE has a $32 MILLION DOLLAR SLUSH FUND so that THEY aren't hurt by BUDGET CUTS!

"a little-publicized reserve fund of almost $32 million that the Legislature maintains exclusively for its own use, the product of surpluses in legislative accounts accumulated in recent years

--Reserve funds ease cuts to Legislature's budget--"

Yeah, this fucking piece of shit puke comes out here and says we need to all sacrifice and come together, blah, blah, blah, blah. FUCK HIM!!!!!!!

Afterward, Alicea, who is a lawyer, said she had been persuaded by the governor's hourlong discussion to reconsider her opposition to the plan, as did several of her neighbors, about a dozen of whom had gathered alongside reporters invited by the governor's office. With cameras rolling, Patrick planted a kiss on Alicea's cheek before he left the house.

Patrick aides said the Western Massachusetts give-and-take would be the first of several small-scale gatherings this week as part of his campaign for the plan, with others taking place in Central Massachusetts, the South Coast, the North Shore, and the South Shore....

Get the fuck out of our part of the state, you scum shitbag!!!!!!!

Patrick yesterday urged the Legislature to act soon on his proposal...

At yesterday's discussion, the governor labored over the details of his proposal, faced head-on the criticism that Central and Western Massachusetts residents were being forced to pay off debts from the Big Dig even when they don't use it, and described other tax and fee hikes that he is considering or has set aside.

"I'm interested in engaging directly with people, because I think that people are prepared for the complexity," Patrick told reporters after the discussion. "If I have to do more of this to get those messages out, I enjoy it. By the way, it also refines my own thinking."

What a disingenuous little twerp!!

Alicea, who wrote in an e-mail to the governor's office that "my entire neighborhood is up in arms about the outrageous gas tax proposal," said Patrick's willingness to speak to her neighbors was surprising, and caused her to rethink her view of the proposal.

Then YOU CAN PAY the LOOTER his god-damn tax, lady!!!!!!

"I wrote a very intense e-mail to the governor's office, and the next thing I know the governor is sitting in my living room talking to my neighbors," said Alicea, who said she has supported Patrick since his gubernatorial campaign. "I think he was extremely logical. There were things I found out that I didn't know. He is a master communicator, you know, and there is a lot of logic in what he says."

Can the PROPAGANDA be ANY THICKER? You SMELLING that SHIT?!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD I did not PAY for this PIECE of SHIT DRIVEL!!!!!!!

He said that given the number of trips he has made to Western Massachusetts - Patrick has a home in the Berkshires - he felt comfortable striking at the knee-jerk criticism among many in the area who consider any funding for transportation to be unfairly charging them for the Big Dig.

Yeah, the WHOLE POPULATION of the STATE HAD a KNEE JERK!! But then again, I would expect NOTHING LESS than INSULTS from this SHIT AmeriKan "newspaper" -- and I use that term very loosely -- called the Boston Globe. What a LYING, DISTORTING, AGENDA-PUSHING PIECE of RANK STINK SHIT!!!!!!!

Btw, WHO is PAYING for HIS TRIPS OUT HERE, taxpayers?? And DID HE PAY TAX by MILE????!!!

"We're going to have to get past . . . policy-making [based] on regional grievance," Patrick said. "And I say that among friends. I think my western Massachusetts bonafides are sound."

Need MORE CONDESCENSION, Massachusetts resident?

--more--"

"Logan parking costs may soar; Governor proposes adding $2 'carbon fee' to lot, garage rates" by Noah Bierman, Globe Staff | March 2, 2009

In the same month that Logan International Airport hiked its parking rates by $1, Governor Deval Patrick is asking for another $2 parking "carbon fee" as part of his transportation overhaul filed this week.

Related: Don't Park at MassPort

The carbon fee, described on page 137 of Patrick's 141-page bill, would that mean a 20- or 30-minute trip to pick up a relative at Logan could cost $6 in parking alone, not including tunnel tolls, which could rise to as much as $7 if legislators fail to pass Patrick's other proposal to raise the gas tax. Three hours in a Logan garage would cost $18; all-day parking in a garage would run $26.

You know, like how a scumshit would slide some nasty crap in the fine print. That's what this crummy shit-fuck did!! I can't wait until next year when we dump this guy!

Boston's short-term rates are currently higher than those in the nation's largest cities - from New York's LaGuardia to Los Angeles International, to Chicago's O'Hare....

Hey, Boston is NUMBER ONE -- in LEGISLATIVE LOOTING and PRICE GOUGING!!!!

Patrick's transportation secretary, James A. Aloisi Jr., said he will be glad if people stop parking at the airport and use public transportation to get there, a sentiment that has led several environmental groups to endorse the parking fee.

Then I'm against it on principle.

And remember the prick saying that.

And for those who don't know whom this asshole is, see: Big Pit Getting Deeper

"It should not be inexpensive to park at convenient facilities in the middle of Logan Airport," Aloisi said. "We need people to understand that there are better ways to get to Logan."

Yeah, WHAT RIGHT do YOU HAVE to be CONVENIENT, public; you only PAID FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! I suppose Jimbo here will be giving up his state car that takes him to the airport, right? God help him if I see him if I ever see him on the T.

.... Aloisi's comments, and Patrick's proposal, represent a shift for Massachusetts, just 14 months after the state finished building a $15 billion tunnel project designed in large part to improve driving access to Logan....

Raising taxes a shift for this state? Oh, yeah, we got a Democrat in the Governor's office now. How come the services were better then, too?

Aloisi said he expects resistance from Massport, though he would not say from whom.

"I anticipate that the naysayers and the people who want to stay in isolation will try to raise all kinds of concerns and questions," Aloisi said. "They're going to make it difficult because people don't like their cozy little worlds disturbed." Aloisi said that with "real reform . . . cozy, little worlds don't exist anymore."

Now look, I am NO FRIEND of Massport or any other looting state (or quasi-state) organization; however, HOW ABOUT the CONDESCENSION THERE!!

Yup, PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THEIR COZY LITTLE WORLDS DISTURBED -- especially GOVERNMENT that BUILDS SLUSH FUNDS so THEY are NOT AFFECTED by the PAIN they are INFLICTING on the REST OF US!!!!

--more--"

Well, I've logged in a day's worth of items from the Globe.

Will I post them? I don't know.


Do I really want to do that to myself (or you, readers)?