Friday, October 16, 2015

Wolfs in the Fold

Perverts gravitate to where there is prey:

"Ex-Southbridge teacher allegedly sent graphic pictures to student" by Brian Lee Worcester Telegram & Gazette  October 15, 2015

DUDLEY — A teacher fired from Southbridge Middle/High School pleaded not guilty Thursday to allegations that he sent lewd pictures of himself to a 17-year-old student.

Joseph G. Zuniga of Webster was arrested on Wednesday. He had taught English as a second language at the school. A Dudley District Court judge upheld Zuniga’s $500 bail, which he had posted Wednesday night.

Judge Timothy M. Bibaud ordered Zuniga, who turned 23 Thursday, to stay away from the victim and the school after a prosecutor expressed concern about the school’s planned community meeting on the matter scheduled for Tuesday.

Bibaud also ordered Zuniga to refrain from using social media and to have no unsupervised contact with children under 16, except his brother and sister. The judge declined a prosecutor’s request to order GPS monitoring. Zuniga is scheduled to return to court Dec. 18 for a pretrial hearing.

At the courthouse Thursday, Zuniga ignored a reporter’s questions. Documents in the case were impounded by Bibaud.

According to Provisional Police Chief Shane D. Woodson, the school resource officer contacted a detective at about 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday to tell him he had received information earlier in the day that a student was in possession of graphic pictures of a teacher.

Detective Sergeant Carlos Dingui and Woodson went to the school to meet with the resource officer and the principal. They identified the recipient of the photos as a 17-year-old male student, Woodson said.

The student alleged that Zuniga had sent him the graphic pictures of himself in October 2014 and again in August.

The photos had been obtained because the student had accepted a friend request on Facebook from Zuniga last year. The teacher subsequently sent the pictures through the Facebook Messenger app, Woodson said.

The student was able to identify the teacher because his face is visible in some of the photos, the police chief said.

Dingui and Woodson, after speaking with the victim, spoke to Zuniga while he was at work. He agreed to go to police headquarters for an interview, and was arrested at noon Wednesday.

Zuniga was a substitute teacher last year and was working as a full-time ESL teacher for grades 9 through 12 this year, Woodson said.

Assistant Superintendent Sheryl Stanton released a statement saying that, effective Wednesday, “this individual is no longer an employee with the district and we have requested a no-trespass order through the Police Department. In addition, we are cooperating fully with all local law enforcement agencies as this investigation continues.”

Zuniga was a six-hour-a-week ESL instructor at the Latino Education Institute at Worcester State University. His LinkedIn page, referring to him as Joseph Zuniga-Santos, says he taught third- and fourth-graders at Chandler Magnet School.

A university spokeswoman said in an e-mail Thursday: “It has come to our attention that Joseph Zuniga indicates on his LinkedIn profile that he is an early-education program director at Worcester State University. This is not true. He was employed in two part-time positions with an affiliate of ours, the Latino Education Institute.”

After learning of the allegations against Zuniga Wednesday, the university “suspended his employment pending further investigation.”


It's gotten to the point where you are best keeping your kids home rather than delivering them to the clutches of these monsters.

"Former youth coach pleads not guilty to sexual assault charges" by John R. Ellement Globe Staff  October 15, 2015

A former Dorchester youth hockey coach pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges that he raped a player over a three-year period in the 1990s, beginning when the boy was 13.

Between this and the football perversions all over the place, I'm starting to wonder about youth sports and glad I was never a part.

Robert Richardson, 61, was arraigned in Suffolk Superior Court on three counts stemming from assaults that allegedly took place between 1991 and 1994 in Richardson’s Dorchester condo, according to Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley’s office.

Good lord, it's over 20 years ago!

Trial Magistrate Gary D. Wilson set bail at $500 cash and ordered Richardson not to have any contact with the former player, prosecutors said.

Not much penalty time. 

Any GPS or are they just letting perverts run free these days?

Richardson is a onetime scout for the National Hockey League’s Dallas Stars and he also served as an assistant hockey coach at Boston University.

According to prosecutors, Richardson befriended the boy and helped him land a spot on what was described as a “prestigious local youth hockey team.” Richardson invited the boy to spend several nights a week at his Dorchester condo at the time, prosecutors said.

While still a teen, the boy told a family member about the abuse, authorities said.

That conversation led the victim to tell his high school hockey coach that he was not comfortable with Richardson’s work with his team, according to Conley’s office.



"A mother and father whipped their 19-year-old son in church with an electrical cord and what appeared to be a belt during a deadly, all-night spiritual counseling session Sunday triggered by his desire to leave the fold, according to witness testimony and police Friday. Church deacon Daniel Irwin testified that he peered into the sanctuary at one point during the ordeal at the Word of Life Christian Church and saw Lucas Leonard bleeding. Within hours, Leonard died — killed by blows from his parents, sister, and church members, authorities said. The testimony came at a court hearing for the victim’s parents, Bruce and Deborah Leonard, on manslaughter charges."

Related: Religious Fervor Leads to Fatality in Family