Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Boston Globe Dines on Garbage

That's what I'm doing every time I read them.

I find this kind of AGENDA-PUSHING, FEEL-GOOD S*** so INSULTING and I am sure you will, too, readers.


"‘Freegans,’ deploring waste, dine well on discarded food" by Billy Baker, Globe Correspondent | December 3, 2009

CAMBRIDGE - Spring Greeney started eating food out of dumpsters shortly after she graduated from Harvard University.

I guess it's better than eating at the Globe!

Related: From Bats to Rats and Everything In Between in Boston

The Globe has rats?!

She does not do it because she is hungry or broke. She does it to make a statement.

Then LEAVE IT for the HUNGRY HOMELESS!!!

“I find it amazing and depressing to see all the good food that goes to waste,’’ Greeney said last week as she sat in her Cambridge kitchen and watched one of her roommates, Adam Talsma, toast bagels he had collected from a supermarket dumpster.

I ALWAYS CLEAR my PLATE!

Greeney, who graduated from Harvard in June and who works for a state environmental agency, is part of a small but growing movement of anticonsumerists, often referred to as “freegans,’’ who promote the minimal consumption of resources by salvaging what society discards.

Oh, she WORKS for the STATE in the ENVIRONMENTAL FIELD, huh?

I'll bet the OFFICE STINKS!!!! While it SOUNDS GOOD, I'm OFFENDED!!!

If it is POSITIVELY PROMOTED by the AGENDA-PUSHING PAPER then it is WRONG! Unless, of course, I start SEEING GLOBE REPORTERS and EXECUTIVES LUNCHING OUT BACK!!!!!

See ya' at the shit pit, Globe hack!

Born in the mid-’90s out of the antiglobalization and environmental movements, freeganism can include everything from salvaging clothes and furniture left out on trash day to diving into dumpsters looking for fruits and vegetables that are thrown out by supermarkets and restaurants. The movement has spread globally. Locally, adherents say they are attracted to the movement by a variety of reasons: environmental, social, or economic.

Translation: If you are POOR, HOMELESS, and STARVING, you may take a dip!

Greeney, who got involved this summer after she moved in with a group of MIT students, thinks of it as a statement against “profligate waste.’’

How about PROTESTING the DAMN WARS, beee-ach!

Talsma, an MIT senior, sees it as a way to get in touch with that waste face to face. “The first time I jumped into a dumpster,’’ Talsma said, “I was like, ’What?’ I grew up in Central America, and the fact that dumpsters were full of excellent food was something I couldn’t get my mind around.’’

The idea of eating food out of a dumpster can be shocking and of questionable legality (a Boston police spokesman said there are no laws against dumpster diving, but if the dumpster is on private property you can run into trespassing issues).

Not to mention DISGUSTING and UNHEALTHY!!

BACTERIA and GERMS, possible SPOILAGE!! Ever think of that?

Your body will tell you if you didn't!!!!!!!

But what surprises people the most, freegans say, is that they don’t just eat, they eat well.

Yeah, if you don't mind eating shit!

“When I came back from my first big dumpster dive, I laid out all the food on my kitchen table and took a photo,’’ said Julia Golomb, 23, of Somerville. “It looked like a stand at a farmer’s market. It was beautiful and bountiful.’’

Pffft!

Yeah, right, they are THROWING OUT GOOD FOOD!!!!

Golomb says she became interested in freeganism when, for no particular reason, she lifted the lid on a dumpster behind a Whole Foods Market.

You don't want to eat at Whole Foods, readers!

Related: Boston Globe Finally Covers a Whole Protest

Gee, that "liberal" threat sure was a tempest in a teapot, huh?

And that is what 'inspired" the girl, huh?

“There were all of these organic bananas, and I felt a lot of sadness to think that this food was grown and then shipped across the world only to end up in a dumpster and, eventually, a landfill.’’

Yup, all that CARBON FOOTPRINT for NOTHING!

Freegans, many of whom tend to be young and educated, say there is often a guilt associated with harvesting so much. “The first time I went, I was thinking there were people who need this food more than us; maybe we shouldn’t take it,’’ Talsma said.

Tell it to the U.N.

"Every table was set with a single fresh rose (from the rose gardens outside, I was told) and a full complement of three forks, two knives, and two spoons in silver plate..... The buffet tables could have graced a high-end ocean liner. I watched a gentleman in colorful African garb pile his plate with slices of roast sirloin and potatoes mashed with feta cheese. A post-retirement-age couple from the East Side scarfed up most of the egg rolls, though more came out quickly....

I made for the roast leg of lamb with rosemary sauce after I filled my salad plate with chilled asparagus and slices of a duck and pork terrine.... fresh tomato soup and bowls of pasta primavera.... The dessert buffet table practically groaned under a spread of apple and pumpkin pies, cheesecakes, tarts, half a dozen cheeses, sliced fruits, bowls of berries, and, off to one side, three urns of ice cream"

Also see: Globalist Gluttons Gorge Themselves

The MSM and the Meal

Obama Talks With His Mouth Full

Oh, yeah, they are working on the hunger problem -- their own fat-assed appetites!

Golomb said that when she first started dumpster-diving, her approach was to take everything salvageable and make it her mission to make sure it did not go to waste. “Now, I’ve had to become desensitized,’’ she said. “There’s just too much, and I realized I cannot single-handedly be responsible for distributing all that food.’’

Do you think that's where the U.N. got their buffet?

Once you learn what can be salvaged, freegans say, you can get almost everything you need without reaching for your wallet. Suburban grocery stores are gold mines; urban markets tend to have trash compactors. Greeney, Talsma and their two roommates say they have lowered their monthly food bill to about $100 each.

WTF? Why do they need to but ANY food with such a BOUNTY?!!!!!

“I have so much bread that I get on my bike, put the bread in my basket, and ride around town and give it to people,’’ Golomb said.

Ummm, be careful riding around riding around out there.

You TOLD THEM WHERE you got that bread, right?

When they ask where it came from, she’ll tell them how sad it is that bakeries throw out this great bread at the end of the day, and she’s just trying to share it. “But I’ll leave out the image of me rooting in a trash can,’’ she said.

In other words, she is NOT TELLING YOU the TRUTH!

Not lying, but NOT TELLING YOU SOMETHING YOU NEED TO KNOW!!!!

I can see why the paper is glowing in its approval of this "movement." Two peas in a pod!!!

MSM LEAVES S*** OUT ALL the TIME!!!!

--more--"

See: MSM Still Silent on ClimateGate Crime Against Humanity

Wealthy Responsible For Global Warming

But YOU are going to get a TAX BILL so THEY can get EVEN RICHER and build the GLOBAL GOVERNMENT they want so badly!

You know what that "freegan" article felt like, readers?


"a grim picture that the author was trying to paint a smiley face on."

Yeah, I did find it in the Boston Globe, how did you know?