Had to Duggar it up:
"TLC pulls show after abuse report" Associated Press May 23, 2015
LITTLE ROCK — The TLC network pulled the reality series ‘‘19 Kids and Counting’’ from its schedule on Friday, after reports that one of the stars, Josh Duggar, allegedly engaged in sexual misconduct when he was a juvenile.
In a statement, the channel said it was ‘‘deeply saddened and troubled by this heartbreaking situation, and our thoughts and prayers are with the family and victims at this difficult time.’’ The statement didn’t elaborate.
Also Friday, Arkansas police said they had destroyed records outlining a nearly decade-old investigation into Duggar, a day after the 27-year-old resigned his role with a prominent conservative Christian group amid reports about the allegations.
The Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, which obtained the investigative records before their destruction, reported that Duggar was accused of fondling five girls in 2002 and 2003.
Duggar issued an apology Thursday on Facebook for unspecified bad behavior as a youth and resigned his role as executive director for FRC Action, the legislative action arm of the Washington-based Family Research Council. ‘‘I would do anything to go back to those teen years and take different actions,’’ Duggar wrote. ‘‘In my life today, I am so very thankful for God’s grace, mercy, and redemption.’’
No charges were filed against Duggar, and investigators concluded the statute of limitations had passed, according to the newspaper.
Duggar appears on the TLC reality show ‘‘19 Kids and Counting,’’ which stars his family. He is the oldest of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar’s 19 children.
TLC didn’t address whether its show would return. The program had been set to air in reruns after wrapping its season.
Springdale Police began investigating Duggar in 2006 when officers were alerted to a letter containing the allegations that was found in a book lent by a family friend to someone else.
Shouldn't have given it up.
The report, originally published by the tabloid In Touch Weekly, also states that a member of Harpo Studios, then the producer of Oprah Winfrey’s show, received an e-mail containing the allegations before the family was set to appear in 2006.
Gee, between the book liars, the attacking of war critics, and now this Oprah's star been diminished even though you got a car, you got a car, you got a car, you got a car.
For my part, I never watch the crude on that channel; however, I do remember when cable was first coming online that the TLC channel was sold as the part that was a public service for the schools, it was going to have good stuff on it, it was literally going to be a learning channel, etc, etc, etc. And now look at it (well, don't, but you know what I mean).
Hulu pulls ‘19 Kids’
I'm sure that will prompt some commentary from the Globe.